First of all, we would like to say a big “Thank You!” for using Kraken API since we launched in May 2012. Our goal has been to bring you the best online image optimizer in existence, and you helped us figure out how to go about achieving that.
There reached a point where we knew we needed to deliver an entirely new platform, which matched our vision. That’s why we decided re-write Kraken from scratch. We have learned many things during the past year, and have used much of that knowledge to build an entirely new platform and improved architecture.
We are therefore delighted to introduce new, fully-rewritten Kraken featuring:
- Outstanding image optimization
- Intuitive, easy-to-use API
- Significantly improved lossy optimization techniques
- Support for Google’s WebP compression algorithm
- Support for SVG file optimization
- Comprehensive paid plans for API usage designed to please everyone
- Free, unlimited 7-day trial on all of our plans
- The free Web Interface you know and love, featuring more beauty with Retina graphics
- Rackspace Cloud Files and Amazon S3 integration
- Integration libraries for PHP, Ruby and Node.js
- SSL protection all around for your security
You will note that we have made many enhancements and simplifications to the API and Web Interface. We hope you like them. Once again, we thank you for supporting Kraken and hope you will continue to do so!
— The Kraken Team